These pork and apple burgers are made with sausagemeat and are quick and easy to make. A sausage sandwich with a twist!
Pork and Apple Burgers in under 30 minutes
Yes, you really can make and cook these burgers in under 30 minutes. This is just the type of easy everyday light meal recipe I love to have to hand. A recipe for when you want something quick but oh so tasty. Perfect for an after-work meal, or weekend brunch.
- Family Favourite
- Quick and Easy
- Prepare ahead
- Freezer Friendly
A few simple extra ingredients to some good quality sausagemeat and you have the perfect pork burger. Of course you can get sausages that already have apple in them but trust me these taste better, the apple keeps it texture better so you have juicy little chunks in the burger.
Serve the burgers in burger buns, crusty or soft rolls or as I have done in some bread muffins. A little salad and some relish or pickles on the side. To make a more substantial meal try serving with my Oven Roasted Chips and some Coleslaw.
If the sun is shining they are also perfect for cooking on the barbecue.
Can I freeze Pork and Apple Burgers?
Yes you can. These burgers are simple to make they can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Alternatively, they are great for making up in larger batches and freezing until required. To freeze open freeze on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Once frozen transfer to a bag or sealable container.
Use within 3 months. Defrost in a cool room for a few hours before required or overnight in the refrigerator. Make sure they are fully defrosted before cooking.
These pork and apple burgers were so good they disappeared almost before I had finished shooting!
If you liked this recipe you may also like
these other sausage recipes made easy......
- Sausage and red lentil casserole
- Sausage Mash and Onion Gravy
- Toad in the hole
- Easy Sausage Stroganoff
- Party Sausages - 3 ways
Step by step Pork and Apple Burgers
Pork and Apple Burgers
- 450 g pork sausage meat
- 1 small eating apple
- 1 tsp dried sage or oregano
- 25 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns, rolls or bread muffins
- sliced tomatoes and lettuce
- relish or pickles
- Place the sausage meat in a mixing bowl. Peel, core and very finely chop the apple, add to the bowl with the herbs and breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Divide into 4 portions and shape into burgers, pressing together well.Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to dust the burgers.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers over a medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes each side.
- Serve in burger buns roll or bread muffin with tomatoes, lettuce relish or pickles.
DO YOU LIKE RECIPES MADE EASY?
I'm linking this recipe up to #CookBlogShare