Are you looking for a quick and easy mid-week meal? Preferably low fat and healthy but full of flavour too? Look no further, Roast Cod with Parma Ham and Pesto will fit the bill perfectly.
Wrapping the Parma ham around the cod protects the flesh from the heat of the oven adding flavour and stopping the fish from drying out. Look out for cod fillets that have been cut from the thicker body end. If you can only find thin fillets from the tail end, fold over to make a thicker piece of fish.
I often serve simple dishes like this with boiled potatoes and a seasonal vegetable or salad depending on the time of the year. It also works well with rice or a rice salad.
- Low fat
- Low cal
Roast Cod with Parma Ham and Pesto
- 2 skinless cod fillets
- 2 teaspoon pesto
- 2 slices Parma ham
- 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- oil, to grease
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ Fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Smear a teaspoon of pesto over two portion of fish then wrap each piece with a slice of Parma ham. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs with 1tablespoon cheese and sprinkle over the top of the fish. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the fish is cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.