Recipes Made Easy puts the Froothie Evolve power blender through its paces to see if this high speed blender was worthy of a place on the kitchen worksurface.
#Ad This post contains affiliate links, meaning I will earn a little commission made through these links at no additional cost to you but helping me to bring you all these recipes for free! Please refer to my Disclosures Page for more details.
I’m a big believer that unless an appliance is readily to hand then it just doesn’t get used. In my kitchen, that means anything large sits on the worktop as my cupboards are packed full! And that leaves me with a limited amount of kitchen worktop surface, so any appliance no matter how good it looks is going to have to earn its space.
And by all accounts, the new Froothie Evolve power blender is quite a machine. Not only does it blend, it also cooks and steams. It can be voice-activated or operated from an app. It even has a self-clean function!
So when I was contacted by Froothie to see if I would like to try their latest high-speed blender the answer was a resounding yes please! I had seen their blenders mentioned on a few blogs and was keen to find out if they were as good as I had heard.
Well, it wasn’t long before I knew the answer.
***Continue reading to the end of the post to find out how it earned its spot on my work surface and details of a fantastic readers offer I have for you.***
What do you get with the Froothie Evolve high speed blender
- A powerful 1400W high-speed blender (900W for cooking).
- Two tempered glass jugs – A Heating Jug for all hot blending Use this to make soups, baby food and steaming. Plus a Vacuum Jug for cold blending and vacuum blending: Use this to make smoothies, cold purees, sorbet and grind nuts etc.
- and accessories – 1 cleaning brush, tamper tool, soft spatula, measuring cup and a stainless steel steaming basket to use with the steaming function.
- You also receive an instruction manual and a recipe book.
What can the Froothie Evolve do
- Make smooth or chunky soup in the heating jug, everything goes into the blender jug and the automatic programme does the rest.
- Steam rice or vegetables in the blender using the heating jug and the steaming basket.
- Make smoothies with Vacuum Blending reducing oxidisation and loss of nutrients. The blended mixtures do not separate or discolour.
- Activate the presets by voice command or app.
- Make sorbets and ices
- and more
What’s so good about the Froothie evolve
Well, I have had a few stand-alone blenders over the years and although they have always done the job reasonably well, I could never really justify the space they took up. So, in the end, I just settled for the blender attachment on my trusty stand mixer.
Not anymore, the Froothie Evolve, after putting it through its paces has proved to be simply the best blender I have ever used.
The first thing I tried in my Froothie Evolve was my Roasted Butternut Squash and Pepper Soup There was nothing wrong with the soup when puréed in my original blender but you could still see bits of skin from the peppers and that may not be to everybody’s liking.
Puréed in the Froothie Evolve and the soup was completely smooth. The only way I have been able to get soups this smooth in the past, was by pushing the blended soup through a sieve – which quite frankly I could never be bothered to do. I love the fact that I can have silky smooth soups without the hassle.
But the Froothie doesn’t just blend the soup. It can also cook it. My squash and pepper soup recipe oven roasts the vegetables first before cooking on the hob, with the Froothie, the blending and cooking were combined into one operation.
But for other soups, you can use it to cook completely from scratch. It even has preset functions for smooth or chunky soups so you can set it going with just one press of a button. Alternatively, you can set your own temperature, time and speed manually.
There is also a Pulse function.
I didn’t stop at the butternut and pepper soup I went on to make a delicious roasted cauliflower soup (I’ll be sharing that recipe with you very soon) using the same method as well as a cream of mushroom and a creamy root vegetable soup where I steamed carrots and parsnips in the Froothie blender before adding stock and blending.
Next, I tried chopping some nuts. I generally add very finely chopped nuts to my sweet pastry. As the quantity is quite small usually 50-75g it is not entirely successful in my food processor but the Froothie did this with ease.
If you like to make nut butter you can make that in the Froothie just process more nuts for longer.
I love making my own hummus so this was the next thing to try. Super smooth hummus was a breeze. Using the pulse button to blend I was able to precisely control how smooth I wanted it.
Of course, I had to try out the vacuum function to make a smoothie. Froothie claim that smoothies made using the vacuum do not separate out as quickly as those made in conventional blenders, so I decided to put this to the test and made two identical smoothies, one in the blender jug on top of my stand mixer and one with the Froothie.
For my smoothie I used a combination of frozen blueberries, banana and coconut water. The result – the Froothie smoothie was just so much smoother! It also looked more appetising, just look at the difference! You can instantly see how much smoother the one made in the Froothie is and the colour is fabulous.
As it happens, in this case, neither separated out on standing which is quite unusual as smoothies often separate. But the visual appeal of the Froothie smoothie alone is enough to win me over.
Finally to try out the cooking function I made an apple sauce in the Froothie. Cooking the apple and pureeing by setting the time manually and it resulted in a lovely smooth apple sauce. See below for the recipe.
HOW TO CLEAN THE FROOTHIE EVOLVE
The blender jug has a cleaning function. Just add a little water and some washing up liquid and select clean. You can then use the cleaning brush that comes with it to get rid of any stubborn bits or to make sure it’s really clean. When using the vacuum jug you can also use voice activation for the cleaning function.
The final verdict
The Froothie Evolve High Speed Blender is a great high quality product with only a few minor drawbacks
- High speed blender – It works extremely well!
- Tempered glass jugs – No nasty plastic jugs.
- Easy to use.
- Soup making function means you can cook and blend the soup in the jug.
- Good for chopping/grinding small amounts.
- Steamer function useful for those cooking small quantities and for making baby food that can then be pureed in the blender.
- Comes in a variety of colours to match your kitchen decor.
- 5 years warranty (As I am an affiliate I can offer 2 extra years, taking it to 7 years! See the bottom of the post for more details)
- The machine can be very noisy especially when blending at full speed.
- The glass jugs are good quality but heavy which could be an issue for some users.
- The jugs are not dishwasher safe and care has to be taken not to get the base of the jugs wet as they have electrical contacts in them.
- Both my grown boys keep pestering me to donate it to them!!!
The Froothie also has voice activation and blue tooth control, and while I tried a few times to use them I must admit I was not won over by these. It may just be me and I suspect my lads would be very happy using both, but I actually just prefer to just have simple, easy to use controls to hand. It has those too, so that’s fine.
I love the Froothie because it’s a robust and quality product that looks like it will last in my kitchen for years, and when it comes to blending it does that better than any blender I have used in the past and I have used quite a few over the years.
I also like the ability to cook soups in the blender and so save on washing up. Its a function I shall be using again and again.
And as chance would have it the Froothie I was sent was the right colour for my kitchen. Not that it was needed to clinch the deal for a spot on my work surface. Function has always been more important to me than looks. But let’s just say its an added bonus.
I’m still getting to know my Froothie and I will be back with more recipes to share when I have them.
And no boys, you cannot have it!
BUY FROOTHIE EVOLVE HIGH SPEED BLENDER – READERS’ OFFER
If you buy this fantastic blender following my *Froothie UK affiliate link , you will get extra 2 years warranty (taking it up from very generous 5 to extremely generous 7 years)! and an indicator of just how solid and reliable this blender is. Simply add the following text to the comment box when ordering:
Ambassador 6010 special 2 extra warranty years
Blender Apple Sauce
- 250 g Cooking apples peeled cored and cut into slices
- large knob butter
- 3 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients in the Hot blending jug of the Froothie. Set the temperture to 60 C° and cook for about 10 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time pulss the apple to purée. Serve hot or cold.
This post contains affiliate links, marked with an astrict which means that if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a penny more. I’ve was given the Froothie Evolve free of charge to test and write an honest review. I was not paid to write this review and all opinions are my own. I only recommend products I really like and think my readers will like too.
I’m linking this post to #CookBlogShare