Looking for a really quick, really easy, low cal dish that is packed with flavour? Look no further. This easy spicy cod dish fits the bill perfectly.
- Quick and Easy
- Low Fat
- Low Cal
Simply mix the dried herbs and spices with a little oil and lemon juice and rub into the top of the cod. Roast in the oven and hey presto dinner is served.
All you need to complete the dish is a few steamed or boiled fresh vegetables, or a salad. Alternatively, some boiled potatoes, mash, or rice would also go well with it. Whichever you choose you should be able to have a meal on the table in about 20 minutes. Now that can’t be all bad.
I’ve used cod fillet but you could use a different white fish, or even salmon fillet. Just two of you for dinner? No problem, the recipe is easily halved.
Step By Step
Easy Spiced Cod
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 x 175 g cod fillet steaks
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan/400°F/gas mark 6). Mix the dried herbs and spices with the oil and lemon juice to form a paste.
- Rub the spice mixture over the top of each of the cod fillet steaks and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until piping hot and cooked through (the fish will flake easily when cooked).
- Serve with fresh vegetables.
Nutrition information is approximate and is meant as a guideline only. (It does not include seasoning with salt and pepper.)