Get into the festive spirit with this delicious, sparkling champagne cocktail. Cranberry Champagne Sparkle is very quick and easy to prepare.
I wanted to make a champagne cocktail which had a festive twist. Thinking along the lines of a traditional Bucks Fizz I replaced the orange juice with Cranberry juice and then to give it a little extra kick by adding an orange flavoured liqueur in the form of Cointreau, then topped it up with sparkling wine. The result delicious! A glass will really help you kick off your holiday celebrations in style.
I’ve called it a champagne cocktail because well that sounds rather grand but of course, you can use any dry sparkling white wine. Prosecco if you like, although my preference would be for a Cava. Made by the same method as Champagne but so much cheaper and I think great value for money.
The frozen cranberries are not essential as they are there just for show but I think they give the glass that extra festive look.
As a variation this also works well replacing the Cointreau with Port.
If you need some non-alcoholic drinks to serve at your celebrations check these non-alcoholic festive drinks.
Cranberry Champagne Sparkle
- 300 ml cranberry juice drink
- 150 ml Cointreau or other orange flavoured liqueur
- 1 bottle dry champagne or sparkling wine chilled
- ice cubes
- Handful of frozen cranberries
- Combine the cranberry juice drink, Cointreau and ice in a jug.
- Divide between eight champagne flutes. Add a few frozen cranberries to each glass and top up with the sparkling wine.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Recipes Made Easy