Christmas time is the time to eat, drink and be merry. Whilst there is nothing wrong with getting a bit tipsy at this time of the year, not everyone wants, or is able to drink alcohol. They need not miss out on being merry though as these 3 alcohol free drinks means they can enjoy the flavour and fun of a festive drink without the alcohol.
There is no reason to resort to just serving water, fruit juice or fizzy soft drinks to those who are not partaking in a tipple or two at Christmas. All of these drinks take just minutes to prepare and taste fabulous. Your non-drinking guests will really appreciate it, and there is no need to let on just how little effort was required. I won’t tell if you don’t.
What are your favourite non alcoholic drinks? I would love to know, please drop me a line in the comments.
Mulled Cranberry Punch
- 1 litre cranberry juice drink
- 250 ml clementine juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1–2 clementines sliced
- few whole cranberries optional
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and heat gently until only just beginning to simmer.
- Keep on a low heat for about 15 minutes before serving for the flavours to infuse. Serve warm.
Apple and Ginger Fizz
- 1 litre apple juice
- 2 eating apples sliced
- 1 litre dry ginger ale
- Place the apple juice in a large jug with the sliced apples and handful of ice. Just before serving top up with the ginger ale.
Lime, Mint and Cucumber Spritzer
- 3 limes
- handful of mint leaves
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- about 1 litre soda or mineral water
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 2 of the limes and place in a large jug with the mint and sugar.
- Muddle (gently bash together to bruise the mint leaves and release the flavour) with a spoon.
- Add the lime slices and ice and top of with soda or sparking mineral water.