A sophisticated and delicious alternative to a plain lime and soda. Low cal and non-alcoholic, this lime and mint spritzer is the perfect party drink.
This is another of the drink I often offer to non drinkers at parties. Or sometimes I just make it for myself in the summer as it is so refreshing. Simplicty itslef to make it requires juts limes, mint, sugar and soda or ineral water.
What a difference Mint Makes
The drink is basically a lime and soda but the addition of mint lifts the drink to a whole new higher level.
I find a small handful if mint is fine but you can add more to less to adjust just to your liking
With or without Gin
When I first made this drink I made it with the additon of a generous splash of gin my favourite tipple and it was delicious but I soon realised that it was pretty darn good without the gin too.
So now I serve it both ways. I have written the recipe here as the non-alcoholic version. Its great as quick and easy to make and perfect for anyone who can not or does not want to drink alcohol.
Pin for Later
If you like this you might also like my Apple and Ginger Fizz.
Lime and Mint Spritzer
- 3 limes
- handful of mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon caster sugar
- about 1 litre soda or mineral water
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 2 of the limes and place in a large jug with the mint and sugar.
- Muddle (gently bash together to bruise the mint leaves and release the flavour) with a spoon.
- Add the lime slices and ice and top of with soda or sparking mineral water.