White Chocolate Parfait hearts are a rich and indulgent treat for two. Perfect to make and share with that someone special in your life.
What is a parfait
Parfait is an iced dessert similar to ice cream which can be made without churning to break up the ice crystals during freezing. This makes it an ideal iced dessert to make in small quantities. After all, you wouldn't want to go to all the work of making ice cream - which needs frequent churning during the freezing period- for just two portions.
That said, this recipe can easily be doubled up to serve four, if two just isn't enough and they will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
If you do not have heart shape moulds you can make them in small ramekin dishes instead.
What to serve with white chocolate parfait
To counteract the sweetness I served them with some plain chocolate-dipped strawberries. Equally delicious would be to serve them with some fruit coulis (pureé fruit sauce) or mixed berries.
The decoration on top is made by simply holding a sheet of paper over half the heart while lightly dusting the other side with a little cocoa powder.
For a simple two-person main course dish to serve before this dessert you may like my Pan fried sea bass.
This dish is
- A Dessert for Two
- can be easily increased to serve more
- Quick to Prepare
- Is prepared ahead of time
- Great for Easy Entertaining
Step by step
White chocolate parfait
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 egg separated
- 100 ml double cream
- cocoa powder to dust
- chocolate dipped strawberries optional, mixed berries or fruit coulis, to serve
- Line 2 individual heart moulds or ramekins with cling film or foil. Smooth out as many creases as possible.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a pan over hot water. Stir until melted. Tip: Make sure the bowl is not touching the water.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and beat in the honey and egg yolk, followed by the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites until standing in soft peaks. Gold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared tins and freeze overnight
- Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 10–20- minutes. Turn out of the tin to serve. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder
If preparing more than a day in advance, wrap well once frozen. Keep for up to 1 month.Nutrition information is calculated using an online nutrition database - is approximate and is meant as a guideline only.
NB: This dish contains raw egg white, which carries a small risk of food poisoning so is not suitable for people in at risk groups See here for current UK guidelines.