These spicy turkey nibbles are very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. They make great party food as they are delicious served hot or cold so you can bake them when you need them or cooked ahead and serve cold.
I like to serve them with a dipping sauce (provide some cocktail sticks for easy dunking). They go very well with sweet chilli dipping sauce, or if you are serving at a Christmas party cranberry sauce would make a great accompaniment.
Unlike many party foods, they are low in fat and low in calories which just goes to show you can produce healthy fun tasty party food.
- Party Food
- Easy Entertaining
- Low Cal
- Prepare Ahead
- Picnic food
- Lunch box
While I have chosen here to serve them as party food there is more to these tasty nibbles than that. Served cold they would also make a great addition to a picnic spread. Or serve hot or cold in tortilla wraps with some salad for a tasty light lunch.
For a simple variation use pork instead of turkey. and if you want to notch up the spic heat use extra chilli or leave in some of the seeds
Step by Step Spicy Turkey Nibbles
Spicy Turkey Nibbles
- 500 g turkey mince
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 red chilli seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- small handful of coriander leaves chopped
- 2.5 cm piece root ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Shape into small ovals and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with a dipping sauce
If you like these you may also like to try these Recipes Made Easy
I’m linking this post to #CookBlogShare hosted this week on Everyday Healthy Recipes