You won't believe how quick and easy these smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber parcels are to make. They make an elegant prepared head starter ideal for easy entertaining as well as a delicious summer lunch.
- Easy entertaining
- Prepare ahead
- Light lunch
It really does only take minutes to prepare this dish, then just leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and they are ready to serve. To my mind they make the perfect starter as they look so pretty but they also make a great lunch which somehow feels rather decadent. A little side salad is all you need along with some slices of toast or crusty bread and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.
Smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber parcels
- 6 cm piece cucumber
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toast to serve
- rocket salad to serve
- lemon wedges
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Chop the cucumber into small dice.
- Line the base of four ramekins with a disc of non-stick baking parchment.
- Then use the salmon to line the base and sides of dishes, so that a little flaps over the edge of the dishes.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat in the cucumber and chives. Season to taste.
- Divide the filling between the dishes, pressing down well. Fold over the loose salmon and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Loosen side with a blunt knife and turn out onto serving plate. Serve with toast and a rocket leaf salad. Garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Step by Step smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber parcels
More Starter Recipes Made Easy
I'm linking this recipe to #CookBlogShare