- Easy entertaining
- Prepare ahead
- Light lunch
It really does only take minutes to prepare this dish, then just leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and they are ready to serve. To my mind they make the perfect starter as they look so pretty but they also make a great lunch which somehow feels rather decadent. A little side salad is all you need along with some slices of toast or crusty bread and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.
Cream cheese flavoured with chives and little cubes of cucumber, wrapped in smoked salmon. An elegant starter that can be prepared in minutes and made ahead.
- 6 cm piece cucumber
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toast to serve
- rocket salad to serve
- lemon wedges
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Chop the cucumber into small dice.
- Line the base of four ramekins with a disc of non-stick baking parchment.
Then use the salmon to line the base and sides of dishes, so that a little flaps over the edge of the dishes.
Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat in the cucumber and chives. Season to taste.
- Divide the filling between the dishes, pressing down well. Fold over the loose salmon and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Loosen side with a blunt knife and turn out onto serving plate. Serve with toast and a rocket leaf salad. Garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Freeze: not suitable for freezing Nutrition information is approximate and is meant as a guideline only. (It does not include seasoning with salt and pepper, garnish and serving suggestions.)
Step by Step smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber parcels
More Starter Recipes Made Easy
I’m linking this recipe to #CookBlogShare