Why buy ready made tzatziki when this Really Easy Tzatziki recipe can be made in minutes and tastes far superior.
Really Easy Tzatziki
My Really Easy Yogurt Sauce can easily be adapted to make this Really Easy Tzatziki. Simply cut about a ¼ of a whole cucumber in half, lengthways. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Coarsely grate the cucumber flesh and stir into the yogurt with some chopped mint. Yes it really is that easy! You don't even have to have fresh mint. I sometimes use mint sauce with the vinegar squeezed out instead. You will not need as much as it has a stronger flavour try just a teaspoon or so to begin with added before the lemon juice you might only need a bit. Serve as a dip or on grilled chicken, salmon or kebabs.
When serving it as a dip I often use Total Greek Yogurt which is really thick and works well here.
- 150 g whole milk natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g cucumber
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- lemon juice to taste
- Place the yogurt in a bowl. Add the garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cucumber in half, scoop out and discard the seeds. Coarsely grate. Stir into the yogurt along with the chopped mint.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, to taste. Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before serving