You may already know that as a family we love pasta and spaghetti bolognese is a firm favourite but we love Asian noodles too. So noodle stir fries frequently appear on our family table not least because they are so quick and easy to make. This easy beef stir-fry recipe is simplicity itself, and once you have the ingredients prepared it just takes minutes to cook the dish. You really can have a meal on the table in minutes, which makes this a perfect after work meal.
My boys like chilli but I'm not so keen (although a little is fine I really am a bit of a chilli wimp) but if you like them and want to add a bit of heat to the dish, either chop up a fresh chilli - leave the seeds in if you want a lot of heat - or add ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes to the meat with the rest of the marinade ingredients.
I have made this an easy beef stir fry but you could also use chicken or pork. Remember to prepare all the ingredients first and then it is just plain sailing.
Easy beef stir fry
- 225 g lean beef cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 75 g mushrooms sliced
- 200 g sugar snap peas halved lengthways
- 2 x70g nests of medium egg noodles
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- coriander leaves optional
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Mix together the fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Add the strips of beef and toss to coat in the mixture.
- Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan and sauté the onions until softened and beginning to brown.
- Add the marinated beef strips and cook until browned, then add the mushrooms and sugar snap peas and cook for 3–4 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile pour the boiling water into a saucepan. Add the noodles and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes then drain.
- Add the noodles to the pan sprinkle with the lime juice and zest, then toss together. Serve immediately. Scatter with a few fresh coriander leaves if desired.