This leek, spinach and cannellini bean soup is quick and easy to make. Filling without being too rich, making it an ideal lunchtime dish which will keep you satisfied until supper time.There is something rather satisfying about a bowl of hot steaming soup. Soup is a humble dish and yet has the ability to fill you up and more than satisfy your taste buds. This Leek, spinach and cannellini bean soup is no exception.
This soup is so easy it wasn't even worth including any step pictures. The leeks are gently softened in the oil , then (keeping back a few sautéd leeks for garnish) all the other ingredients are added and the soup is simmered for 10 minutes before blitzing until smooth. Job done and the soup is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Leek, spinach and cannellini bean soup
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 500 g leeks washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 150 g spinach washed
- 2 x 400 g can cannellini beans drained
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 litre boiling water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks, cook gently stirring for about 5 minutes, until softened. Remove a spoonful and set aside for garnish.
- Add all the remaining ingredients then bring to the boil. reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée, in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into serving bowls and spoon a few of the reserved leeks on top to garnish.
- Gluten Free (check stock cube is gluten free)
More Soups Made Easy
I'm linking this soup up to #CookBlogShare hosted this week at Healthy Everyday Recipes.