- Fun Food
- Family Favourite
- Quick and Easy
- Spicy Food
Sometimes food is all about fun, sharing with friends a quick and tasty dish to enjoy outside with a drink or in front of the TV watching your favourite sporting event. Nachos fits the bill perfectly especially if you like spicy food. Although don’t worry if you do not like spicy as it is easy enough to tone down the heat – I do because I’m a chilli wimp. They can be made with bought salsa but taste so much better if you make your own sauce (especially if you want to take control of the heat) and these nachos have the addition of chicken to make them a little more substantial.
Add the chilli seeds, some hot chilli powder or serve with lots of extra jalapeńos if you want to turn up the heat. Once you have made the spicy chicken sauce, which you can make in advance if you want to, its just a case of layering the torilla chips, and spicy chicken and topping with plenty of cheese. Then pop into the the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve on its own or with additonal accompaniments such as soured cream, guacamole and jalapeño peppers. Then it becomes a case of all tuck in.
Easy Chicken Nachos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 chilli seeded and chopped
- 200 g chicken thigh fillets cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp each cumin, paprika and oregano
- 200 g can chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g Plain tortilla chips
- 150 g cheddar cheese
To serve (optional)
- slices of pickled jalapeño peppers
- chopped corinader
- sour cream
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions gently until begining to colour. Stir in the garlic and chilli.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika and oregano and mix well then stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.Season to taste. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Spread the tortilla chips out in a layer on a baking tray or shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon the chicken on top and cover with cheese. Add a few slices of picked jalapeño if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with coriander if using and serve immediately with your favourite accompaniments.
Step by Step Easy Chicken Nachos
More Snacks Made Easy
I was asked for a recipe for chicken nachos by a friend of my sons, so this recipe is for Harry, I hope he likes it. I want to write and share the recipes that you want to read so, if you have a recipe request then let me know and I will do my best to oblige.
I’m sharing this recipe with #CookBlogShare guest hosted at Apply To Face Blog