A Really Easy Brownie Recipe
I have not done a lot of baking recently, although I have a feeling that will change and to get myself into the mood I made these wonderful Cheesecake Brownies. You don't get recipes much easier than this. All the ingredients for the brownie bit are put into a mixing bowl and beaten until smooth. As long as your butter is soft then you can't go far wrong. If the butter is too hard it will stay in small lumps. If you want to make sure that doesn't happen you could beat the butter with the sugar first but it's not really necessary if it is nice and soft in the first place. Once smooth spread the mixture in a lined tin.
Next, you beat the cream cheese, cornflour, vanilla extract and remaining sugar and egg together. No need to worry if this isn't completely smooth. Poor over the top of the brownie and swirl together before baking.
Now all you need to do is wait while it bakes. Cool and then cut into squares to serve.
I don't know about you but I really love brownies for dessert topped with ice cream. Slightly warm they are even better.
Cheesecake Brownies Step by Step
- 225 g butter, softened
- 300 g caster sugar
- 125 g plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 150 g full fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 25 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (160℃ fan)/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 25 x20 cm (10x8in) shallow baking tin or roasting tin with baking parchment.
- Make the brownie mixture by beating together all the ingredients with an electric whisk to produce a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Beat together all the ingredients for the cheesecake mixture until combined, Pour over the brownie mixture in the tin.
- Using the blade of a dinner knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture into the brownie mixture to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the brownie is springy to the touch. Cool and serve cut into squares.
- The cheesecake brownies will keep for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight tin in cool place.
- Freeze for up to 3 months