A delicious summer salad which can be served as a starter, side dish or light main meal. Serves 8 as a side dish; 4 as a main.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 as a side
Calories 139 kcal
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 350 g tomatoes cut into chunks
- 50 g Greek Kalamata olives
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil preferably Greek plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano plus extra to sprinkle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g Feta cheese
Cut cucumber in half length ways and scoop out the seeds, then cut in half length ways again. Thickly slice into chunks. Toss together with the onion, tomatoes and olives.
Whisk together the oil, red wine vinegar, oregano salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss until coated.
Finally add the feta cheese, traditionally in one piece or crumbled into bite size pieces. Drizzle with a little more oil and sprinkle with a little extra oregano.
Use ripe tomatoes and choose a variety that has plenty of flavour.
Nutrition information is approximate and is meant as a guideline only. (It does not include seasoning with salt and pepper and the extra olive oil to drizzle.)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 16mg 5%
Sodium 310mg 13%
Potassium 186mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 9.9%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.