Harissa Lamb Meatballs
Tasty meatballs served with a red cabbage and apple slaw. A simple meal made easy.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
for the meatballs
- 500 g lean minced lamb
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp harissa
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the red cabbage and apple slaw
- ½ small red cabbage shredded
- ½ small onion thinly sliced
- 1 apple thin matchstick, cored and cut into julienne or coarsely grated
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
for the yoghurt sauce
- 200 ml full fat natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- snipped chives or chopped parsley
To make the meatballs
Preheat the oven to 180℃ /170℃ Fan/ gas mark 4. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and season well with salt and paper. Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are really well combined.
Shape into about 30 small balls. Place on a baking tray. Bake for about 20-25minutes until cooked through and golden.
Meanwhile make the slaw by placing all the ingredients in a bowl. Season well and toss to combine. Set aside. Combine the yogurt, garlic and seasoning. Sprinkle with a few snipped chives or some chopped parsley and set aside.